Principal & General Inspections of Highway Structures, Bury Council
- Structural Surveys
Project: Principal Inspections & Assessment of Highway Structures Phase 35
Sanderson Watts Associates (SWA) were commissioned by Bury Council to undertake Principal Inspections of approx 39 structures (bridges, footbridges, culverts, retaining walls etc.) All inspections will be carried out in accordance with the following Department of Transport’s Standards and Associated Documents: – BD 62/07, BD 63/07.
For each inspected structure the deliverables comprised of:-
- Approval in Principle Document
- A report which should include a detailed statement on the observations, condition, findings, causes and recommended remedies and associated estimated costs and photographs
- An assessment of the capacity of the structure
- A completed Bridge Inspection Pro Forma in accordance with the Bridge Condition Indicators documentation
- A General Arrangement Drawing
Project: General Inspections of Highway Structures Phase 10
Sanderson Watts Associates (SWA) were commissioned by Bury Council to undertake Principal Inspections for 294 structures including: Rail under and over-bridges, Highway under and over-bridges, Culverts, Subways, Retaining walls.
The purpose of the inspections was to report upon the general structural condition and integrity of these structure by visual survey and non destructive testing methods.
All the inspection works were conducted in accordance with the following:
- Manual for Highway Structures Inspection and Maintenance (including BD63 / 07 update)
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- ACOPS for Confined Space Regulations L101.