The Moor — Sheffield Phase 1
Scottish Widows Investment Partnership
Sanderson Watts Associates have been commissioned by Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP) as Structural Consultants for the redevelopment of Block 8, The Moor in Sheffield.
The development of Block 8, The Moor consists of three new retail units with approximate GIFA’s of 1720m2, 3184m2 and 252m2 respectively. The retail units are to be developed on a ‘shell and core’ basis.
To fulfil the functional and economical requirements efficiently, the scheme will utilise a steel framed construction.
- Demolition of existing structures
- Optimisation of finished floor levels to suit cut and fill
- Design of substructures in consideration of existing below ground obstructions/services
- Steel Superstructure Designs
- Structural interfaces around 3 independent structures
- Flood risk management
- Design of a high-density service yard including rainwater attenuation, petrol interceptor, rainwater harvester and sprinkler tanks as well as associated M&E services required economic use of space